Are you on the hunt for new nonstick pots and pans? You’re probably feeling wary about the safety concerns regarding PTFE, but we’re here to help you find good and safe cookware.
We’re listing 11 of the best nonstick cookware sets of 2020, with the Swiss Diamond Ultimate Kitchen Kit, 10-Piece Set leading the way.
Our Best Nonstick Cookware Sets
Let’s jump straight into the 11 best nonstick cookware sets of 2020:
1. Swiss Diamond Ultimate Kitchen Kit, 10-Piece Set — Best Overall
- This 10-piece cookware set is with diamond-reinforced nonstick coating inside and out for easy cleaning
- Swiss patented diamond-reinforced nonstick coating inside with real diamond crystals (PFOA-free)
- Cast aluminum; Made in Switzerland; Oven-safe up to 500 degrees F (260°C)
This 10-piece set from Swiss Diamond made it onto the top of our list due to its performance and durability. It features a patented diamond reinforced nonstick coating on the inside and outside, making it easy to clean and enabling you to cook without oil.
Diamond nonstick coatings are more durable than traditional non-stick materials. This set comes with a limited lifetime warranty, but you can expect the nonstick properties to degrade with frequent use.
We like the cookware’s dark-grayish look, and the stay-cool ergonomic handles provide a comfortable, secure grip.
The Swiss Diamond set offers excellent heat conduction and is oven-safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, enabling you to use the set for all stovetop cooking and some oven applications. This set is not compatible for use on an induction stove.
2. Calphalon Classic, 10-Piece Set — Runner Up
- Innovative no boil-over insert puts a stop to messy spills when making pasta, rice, potatoes, and beans—giving you the freedom to focus on...
- The BPA-free silicone insert recirculates boiling water back into the pot, based on testing of rice, beans, pasta, and potatoes
- The insert allows for stirring and additional seasoning through its center opening, while stay-cool handles allow the insert to be easily...
This set is durable and highly convenient, including several features that make cooking easier, such as measuring marks, pour spouts, and a BPA-free silicone insert.
The insert is incredibly convenient as it prevents boiling water from spilling over while allowing you to stir the pot when needed.
You get 10 pieces with the set, and all components are made of hard-anodized aluminum for added durability and enhanced heat conduction. Each part of the set features a dark gray color, giving it a modern look that goes well in every kitchen.
Keep in mind, the cookware isn’t dishwasher-safe, however, the silicone insert is. Additionally, you can use the cookware on any stovetop except induction. The pans and tempered glass lids are oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making them a good choice for everyday cooking.
If convenient cookware is something you value, this set is a good option with its multiple features and silicone insert.
3. Paula Deen Signature, 10-Piece Set — Most Affordable
- SET INCLUDES: 1-Quart and 2-Quart Saucepans with Lids, 6-Quart Saucepot with Lid, 2.75-Quart Sauté Pan with Lid, 8-Inch and 10-Inch Frying...
- EVEN HEATING NONSTICK COOKWARE SET: Heavy-duty, durable aluminum construction means cookware set heats quickly and evenly
- TOP QUALITY NONSTICK: Pots and pans feature premium, top-quality nonstick for great food release and easy cleanup
Budget-friendly cookware should be affordable without compromising quality, and we found that this Paula Deen set offers a good balance with small and large pots and pans.
The set is made of heavy-duty aluminum for enhanced heat conduction along with a porcelain enamel coating and a nonstick interior that’s PFOA-free. The set isn’t as durable as other options, and the handles are only oven-safe to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
With that said, the porcelain enamel coating makes the pieces resistant to staining, keeping the colors vibrant for longer. You can choose between six different colors to suit the taste and style of your kitchen.
Each pot and saucepan comes with a shatter-resistant glass lid that helps to lock in heat. We especially like that you can monitor your food throughout the cook without having to lift the lid.
The cookware isn’t dishwasher-safe, and you also have to be careful when handwashing—avoid using abrasive cleaners to keep the nonstick coating intact.
Overall, this Paula Deen cookware set is a good option for anyone who needs a 10-piece set but wants to stay within budget.
4. T-Fal E938SA Professional Total Nonstick, 10-Piece Set — Also A Bargain
- THERMO-SPOT HEAT INDICATOR: The unique T-fal Thermo-Spot heat indicator shows when the pan is perfectly preheated for cooking
- STAINLESS STEEL DISC BASE: for even heat distribution and anti-warp protection
- INDUCTION SAFE: Safe for all cooktops including induction
Another excellent budget-friendly option is this set from T-Fal. The pieces feature a stainless steel disc base, giving you even heat distribution while protecting the cookware from warping. Unlike most nonstick cookware, this set is safe for all stovetops, including induction, making it a good option for any home cook.
It wouldn’t be T-Fal without the signature Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator which shows you when the pan is at the right temperature for cooking. Each piece of the set feature riveted, stay-cool silicone handles that provide a comfortable and secure grip.
All the pieces are oven-safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Be aware that the handles will become hot if you use the pans in the oven.
Despite the nonstick coating being scratch-resistant, we don’t recommend using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners.
This set is another great alternative for the cooks who appreciate novel convenience. The Thermo-Spot helps eliminate any guessing of whether the pan is ready or not—simply begin cooking when the spot turns red.
5. Scanpan CTX, 14-Piece Set — Best Upgrade
- Set includes: 8-inch Skillet, 10.25-inch Skillet, 2-quart Saucepan with Lid, 2.75-quart Saucepan with Lid, 4-quart Saucepan with Lid,...
- Stratanium consists of 5 layers in which hard particles and wave-like layers interlock to reinforce the nonstick layer and that is 50% more...
- Stratanium browns, sears, deglazes, reduces and thickens sauces without the messy clean up; cook with little or no oil for a healthier...
Regular stainless steel cookware is far from nonstick, luckily, this Scanpan set offers a good combination of durability and easy cooking.
The coating consists of five layers of wave-like hard particles that interlock for increased durability and the ability to use metal utensils.
It’s safe to use the cookware on any stovetop, including induction; this is due to the metal disc fitted at the bottom of the pans and pots.
Each piece features cast stainless steel handles that stay cool for longer and allow the cookware to be used in the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. The pots and saucepans come with interchangeable tempered glass lids that are also oven-safe.
You can easily pop the cookware in the dishwasher after cooking for easy cleaning, making this set a good option for busy cooks who don’t want to spend time washing by hand. With that said, we recommend only using the dishwasher in a pinch since handwashing will help the set last longer.
The set comes with a lifetime warranty covering manufacturing defects, which is good protection if you notice warping. However, the warranty won’t cover damage occurring outside of regular or recommended use.
This set is an excellent option if you prefer a stainless steel aesthetic but still want non-stick properties.
6. The Rock by Starfrit, 10-Piece Set — Best Ceramic Option
- Extra thick forged aluminum base
- Optimal heat distribution & even cooking
- Resists Scratch & Abrasion
Ceramic nonstick cookware is generally widely considered a healthy alternative to traditional nonstick, and this set from Starfrit is one of our favorites.
The cookware features an extra-thick forged aluminum base, giving you even heat distribution for easy cooking and consistent results.
Some owners found that it required a small amount of oil to truly be nonstick, but it also depends on what you’re cooking since some foods have a higher tendency to stick than others.
You can use the cookware on most stovetops, but they aren’t compatible with induction cookers. Furthermore, the pans are oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, however, the handles will heat, so be careful when removing it from the oven.
We also recommend that you opt for handwashing the cookware since the dishwasher can damage them.
If you’re on the lookout for an affordable yet durable ceramic nonstick cookware, this Starfrit set is an excellent option.
7. All-Clad HA1 Hard Anodized Nonstick, 10-Piece Set — Best Induction Compatible Option
- 10-piece cookware set includes 8 inch and 10 inch fry pans, 2 quart and 3 quart sauce pans with lids, 4 quart sauté pan with lid, and 8...
- Hard Anodized aluminum construction for fast, even heating and easy cleanup; stainless-steel bonded Anti-Warp base; optimized for induction
- PFOA-free scratch resistant nonstick coating for healthier cooking with less fat; secure-fitting lids trap in heat and moisture and allow...
This cookware set is made of hard-anodized aluminum with a stainless steel anti-warp base and PFOA-free nonstick coating. The aluminum construction gives you an even and faster heat distribution, making the pans excellent for searing and browning.
The contoured stainless steel handles provide a comfortable grip and are securely attached with rivets. In saying that, the handles can heat up, especially if you’re cooking on a gas stove.
We like the overall look of the cookware, with its dark exterior and stainless steel features. The pieces have a rounded shape that gives them an attractive look and makes them easier to clean.
Although the pieces are dishwasher-safe, it’s recommended that you hand wash them to preserve the nonstick coating. There have been a few reports of the nonstick coating peeling with frequent use. The entire set comes with a limited lifetime warranty covering manufacturing defects, however, some consumers reported issues with the service.
It’s safe to use the pans in the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, enabling you to transfer them from the stovetop to the oven without issues. However, the glass lids aren’t oven-safe.
If you’re struggling to find induction-compatible cookware, this set is an excellent option. It’s also safe to use on all other cooktops.
8. Faberware Millennium Stainless Steel, 10-Piece Set — Bargain Induction Compatible Option
- PREMIUM NONSTICK: Cookware set integrates a top-quality, long-lasting, dishwasher safe nonstick for effortless food release and easy...
- HIGH QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE: Cooking set features stainless steel cookware construction with a fully encapsulated aluminum base...
- EASY CLEANUP: All pots and pans in this set are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup and convenience, though hand washing is recommended to help...
You get 10 pieces with this set, including pots, pans, and saucepans ranging in sizes between 1- and 8 quarts. The pans range between 8 and 10 inches, making them suitable for everyday cooking.
The cookware is made of stainless steel featuring an aluminum base for quick and even heat distribution. Moreover, the added aluminum base makes each piece compatible with induction cooktops.
Inside the cookware is a premium nonstick coating that’s dishwasher-safe and oven-safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. There have been a few reports of the nonstick coating peeling off, so we recommend that you handle it with care and opt for silicone or wooden utensils instead of metal.
It’s covered by a limited lifetime warranty covering most manufacturing defects, but it’s unlikely to cover damage caused by misuse.
The set has that sleek stainless steel look, adding a professional feel to your stove and kitchen. Additionally, the high-quality glass lids feature a small vent and enable you to monitor your food throughout the process easily.
Induction-compatible non-stick cookware isn’t easy to come by, and they’re usually pricier. But, if you want to remain within budget, this set is a great option.
9. Gotham Steel Stackable Nonstick, 15-Piece Set — Best for Small Kitchens
- SPACE SAVING – this pots and pans set revolutionary new design allows you to easily organize your cabinets & kitchen by stacking and nest...
- ULTRA NONSTICK – the nonstick cooking surface is coated 3x, reinforced with ceramic and titanium to deliver the ultimate food release. No...
- SUPER DURABLE – the coating of the pan is durable enough to withstand metal spatulas, spoons, whisks and more, while the aluminum exterior...
This Gotham Steel set gives you stackable pots and pans that easily fit into small cabinet spaces. Each piece fits into the other easily without causing damage or scratching the nonstick interior.
The cookware features a durable nonstick coating that’s claimed to withstand metal utensils; however, we still recommend you grab a silicone or wooden spoon instead. It’s constructed with a dense aluminum exterior that gives you improved heat conduction. Moreover, it’s resistant to wear and should last for long.
After cooking, you can clean the pots and pans in the dishwasher. They’re also oven-safe to temperatures of up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. The solid stainless steel handles should remain cool when cooking on the stove, but they will heat when placed in the oven.
You don’t get a lid with every piece, instead, you get three universal lids that fit each piece. Although this helps save space, it can be slightly inconvenient to have only three lids for 15 pieces.
This set is an excellent option if you need a large set but don’t have enough storage space. Note, this set is also available as individual pieces and as smaller sets.
10. Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick, 17-Piece Set — Best Extended Collection
- Hard anodized exterior is harder than stainless steel. Dense, nonporous, and highly wear-resistant for Extra durability and professional...
- Premium nonstick cooking surface reinforced with Titanium provides lasting food release. No oil or butter needed for healthier lowfat...
- Solid stainless steel riveted stick handles stay cool on the stovetop and provide a safe and solid grip. Care-cookware should be washed by...
You get an incredible 17 pieces with this set, including everything you need to cook a range of dishes. The pans range in sizes between 1- and 3.5 quarts, the skillets measure between 8- and 12 inches, and you also get two larger pieces, including a Dutch oven and stockpot.
All the cookware is made of a hard-anodized construction with a Quantanium nonstick interior containing titanium for added durability. The pieces look heavy-duty with the dark exterior and stainless steel handles that claim to remain cool when cooking.
You can easily transfer the pans from the stovetop to the oven as they’re safe to use in temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Furthermore, they’re riveted in place, increasing durability. With that said, the glass lids are only oven-safe in temperatures of up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
It’s recommended that you opt for handwashing the cookware with a soft sponge and mild soap. The pieces aren’t dishwasher-safe, and harsh detergents will damage the finish on the exterior. There have been several reports of the nonstick coating scratching and peeling easily, so make sure you handle it with care.
This extended set is a good option for any home cook who needs all essential cookware and then some.
11. Analon Nouvelle Copper Hard Anodized, 11-Piece Set — Best Starter Set
- COOKWARE SET CRAFTED WITH COPPER: Hard-anodized aluminum construction boasts an induction plate with copper midlayer for fast, even heating
- EASY CLEANUP: Dishwasher-safe nonstick cooking set features the Infinity Slide(tm) Nonstick System of triple layer, sapphire reinforced,...
- UNITY SURFACE: Pots and pans feature flush rivets for a smooth, uninterrupted cooking surface that looks sleek and prevents food buildup
This 11-piece set is an excellent starter kit for any home cook. The pieces are made of hard-anodized aluminum fitted with an induction plate consisting of layers of metals, including copper, for faster and more even heat distribution.
Pop the cookware in the dishwasher after cooking for easy cleanup. The nonstick coating features three layers of sapphire reinforced material that’s PFOA-free. Consumers seem pleased with the set and its overall performance; however, some found the larger stockpot to not work as well on induction cookers.
Each piece features cast stainless steel handles with flush rivets that provide a smooth cooking surface. We appreciate the seamless design as it also reduces the chances of food building up, creating a mess. The pans and handles are oven-safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
You get small to medium-sized saucepans, a large stockpot; a medium-sized saute pan, and two skillets—all the essentials for cooking up a storm.
This is a great essential set for anyone looking to buy what they need for a new kitchen or maybe vacation home.
What To Know Before You Buy
Hunting for new nonstick cookware? Here’s what you need to know before spending your hard-earned money.
Types of Non-Stick Coatings: Ceramic vs. Traditional
Although nonstick cookware is marketed in various ways, such as titanium, diamond, and stone, there are only two types: Ceramic and PTFE.
- PTFE: Teflon or “traditional” nonstick coating; this substance is the center of many heated debates. Is it safe? Yes, PTFE cookware is safe to use as long as you keep within its temperature range, usually between 450 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ceramic: This type of cookware can withstand much higher temperatures than PTFE. It’s made of inorganic substances, such as clay and sand, melted and sprayed onto the cookware, then slowly baked in a hot oven until rock hard.
Pros of Nonstick Cookware
It’s easy to clean, but what else? Here are a few points:
- Requires less oil or grease.
- Convenient to use.
- Enables you to cook “sticky” foods with ease.
Cons of Nonstick Cookware
We’ve already established that PTFE cookware can be harmful if overheated, but what are the other downsides?
- Won’t last for long.
- Prone to damage.
- It can emit dangerous fumes if damaged or overheated.
What To Look for When Purchasing
Before settling on a pan, here are a few things you should consider:
- Does it work with my stove? This is especially important if you have an induction cooker, in which case, choose cookware with a metal base.
- Construction: Look for materials that offer good heat distribution and conduction, such as aluminum and stainless steel.
- Durability: Consider your cooking style—ceramic nonstick cookware is more fragile than the traditional kind.
- Is it easy to clean? Do you prefer to let the dishwasher do all the cleaning? Look for dishwasher-safe cookware.
Our winner for best nonstick cookware set is the Swiss Diamond Ultimate Kitchen Kit, 10-Piece Set due to its durability—the nonstick coating has shown to last longer than that of its competitors.
With these top cookware options in mind, you can’t go wrong. Find one that suits your best interests, and it will be happy cooking from then on out.